Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Song: On a Golden Springtime

I've created a black and white flip chart with which to introduce the song and a coloring book for the children to take home and teach their families.  Here is a preview of the illustrations for the flip chart, but the PDF is in landscape format for easier use.
























For the flipchart:

 



For the coloring book:

To create the coloring book, print the file above- one page or the other OR the first verse on the front of the page and the second verse on the back of the page. Crease each of the solid lines and cut along the dotted line. 

Fold the page in half lengthwise.  Hold the ends and press them toward the center.  The top crease will fold as shown below:

(If you choose to print on both sides of the paper, you will have to unfold and refold the book to see the second verse.  The PDF file is formatted for 8.5' x 11" printer paper.  To use another size paper, copy and paste the preview files above into a Word document, change all margins to 0" and stretch the image to fill the entire page.)


Note:  some printers will not print an entire page.  For this reason, I've left the line around the perimeter so that you can cut out the book if necessary.  Just set the margins at the minimum required for your printer and size the book accordingly.  Make sure that the top and bottom margins are symmetrical if you plan to print two-sided.  

Alternately, you may print the image in several pieces, glue them carefully together, and make copies in a copy machine.  

14 comments:

  1. You and I must share a brain. I am teaching this song, too. It's one of my favorites. Thank you so much for these visuals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't surprise me to find out that I'm only working with half a brain :)

      Delete
    2. I am in Qingdao, China where I cannot buy anything from a Deseret Book or have anything shipped to me. What a wonderful gift to find your blogspot tonight!!! Two of our Primary children only speak Korean, but the pictures really tell the story. With the help of our wonderful Korean speaking sisters in the Branch, our two little darlings will learn to sing the song in Korean. Thank you so very much!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your visuals and the song. In the first verse it is push upward to the light not look. Look upward to the light is the second verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the coloring book. I printed it out to show our Primary Presidency. I am hoping they will approve my idea to let the kids color them and then on Easter Sunday put them in the programs and after the children sing both verses, invite the congregation to then join the children using their song booklets/keepsakes.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I don't suppose you've done the third verse? I'm thinking to use this song as our own choice for April and the images you've found are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try, but I don't know if I'll get it done in time. I'm making all the images in MS Paint and it takes a while.

      Delete
  5. How do I print this. I click on the link and nothing comes up...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it isn't working for you. Maybe Adobe issues? You can always left click on the image in the post, copy and paste into a Word document. I hope you got it!

      Delete
  6. Bless you, Erin! I am going to print your full-page visuals on green paper (so glad they're black & white!), then cut around the edge of each one so it's sort of in the shape of a leaf. As the kids learn the song, I'm going to have them attach the "leaves" to a tree I'm going to draw on the chalkboard. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete